10/30/2009

Carving Pumpkins

We as a family carved our pumpkins on Tuesday night. We got started before Stephen came home from work so he would just help with the carving and also so we wouldn't be up half the night working on them. The kids and I got them all cleaned out and ready to go. Then Stephen came home. That was all the kids needed for a go ahead. The girls decided to use some cookie cutters as stencils, they traced them out on their pumpkins and started to cut away. Boy #1 wanted a certain stencil we had in a book, so I made a copy, cut out what shouldn't be on the pumpkin, traced it out on the pumpkin and let him have at it. He did a very good job and did his very best and most careful work of art on the pumpkin. I worked on Boy #2's pumpkin. No stencil, just my careful, artsy eye. I didn't know what to make for his so the usual jack-o-lantern face for boy #2. He's happy with it. So am I. Unfortunately for Stephen, I wasn't able to get his pumpkin cleaned out, which turned out to be okay. He made his top his own and then drilled holes all over the pumpkin. It looks awesome. He is very creative and cool like that.



We saved all the seeds from the pumpkins and now I will be making pumpkin seeds for us to snack on. They are like sunflower seeds, they taste good once they are salted then roasted. I can't wait! So enjoy the pictures and have a



Happy Halloween!!!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

the pumpkins look awesome! happy halloween!