10/10/2009

Stephen's birthday

He is older than me finally! There are a few months we are the same age, so I can't really call him an old man without saying I'm an old gal, but for now I can.
On the day of his birthday (it was during the middle of the week,) we went to dinner at a place called Taggerts. It is has it's own exit off the freeway in a town with the same name. Exit 108 on I-84. It is a great little place. I loved being there. It is a hometown kind of place, very friendly, even for kids. The food was delicious. Stephen had a Prime Rib Sandwich with swisscheese melted on it and onion rings, he did ask for Au ju sauce and dipped his sandwich in it. It was good!!! I had their shrimp dinner. It came with a nice salad and steak fries. I thought it would be small, but it was huge! There was a ton of shrimp on my plate. It tasted wonderful. We even shared a Mint Cheesecake. The waitress even put a candle on it, but didn't sing, which was nice. Oh, it was nice to go out with my hubby and celebrate his b-day. I just love him! He is such a loving and understanding man. I'm very lucky to have him be in my life.
We celebrated with his family on Friday night. I was a little sad that only one sister and her family showed up besides his parents, but I really don't want any of my kids to get sick (chicken pox) from a cousin. The others already had plans, so they missed out on terrific pizza (from Piccolo Pizza and Pasta,) veggies, and pop. One Delicious ice cream cake from the store and lots of fun with the family. His niece made a cake for him, we used that for him to blow out the candles. It was really cute. Two of our children gave him Lego sets, and of course he had to put them together that night. It was great. Boy #1 said he wanted to get his dad some Lego's for his birthday so the he(boy #2) could play with them. Good fun had here at home.
We will celebrate with my family on Sunday. It will be a lot of fun also. Stephen will get to grill the meat for his own b-day dinner. How fun is that! We both come from large families so we have to celebrate things separately. We will have a great time with everyone who will be there. I'm hoping that my sister will not have her baby by tomorrow, I can wait for Monday but she can't. She's READY! We'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: