10/26/2009

Friday was legs day

We did leg workouts on Friday morning. It was awesome. My legs could handle it. I was so surprised. We started out with a couple of laps around the school parking lot to warm up with. We then did our workout. It consisted of many things, but I enjoyed each of them.
1- 10 hills, 30 curb jumps, 30 backward lunges= one set
2- 10 hills, 30 curb jumps, walking lunges 20 ft. out then back= one set
3- 3 laps
Then on to the Obstacle course:
1-20 toe touches on Bosu or 20 jumps
2-Rope ladder on ground, stepping into and out of squares while doing squats holding a medicine ball going down and lifting it up over our heads when standing up.
3-4 hula hoops placed in a square. jump forward and backward, side to side. 5 times
4-walking lunges while doing overhead presses with 5 lb. weights. about 15 -20 ft. there, then do them back.
5-10 Hurdle jumps(1/2 ft. off ground)
6- Lap around to other side
10 hills
sprint length of obstacle course
Start over again.

Oh let me tell you how much fun we had. We did this for an hour. I really liked it though, because it was at my time of day, 6 a.m.! YaHoooo! I loved it!
I can't wait for Amanda to come back so we can try some of these things.
Just think, we'll be ready for anything.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wahoo! It looks like you've got lots of fun workouts to share! Maybe you should be in charge next week! I like that idea. Yes, yes I do....