11/04/2009

30 Days of Thankfulness

This month we celebrate Thanksgiving. My friend Lori has suggested 30 days of Thankfulness. I think I'll give it a try because my life is full of many things I'm thankful for. The little things I don't blog about and the big things I do. So, here it goes. I'll make a sidebar list for everyday and post some of the things individually. This one is a big post because it's the first one.

Sunday, November 1st: Grandpa I. We celebrated Stephen's Grandpa's 94th birthday today even though it is tomorrow. He is the sweetest man and always "mean as ever!" He has been a great example to my husband. I'm thankful for him being in my life.

Monday, November 2nd: Cleaning. I truly hate to clean, but I love it when it's done. I spent the day cleaning bathrooms, kitchen area, vacuuming and putting away the Halloween stuff. My house looks a little less cluttered. I like that. Laundry is a necessary evil and will always prevail.

Tuesday, November 3rd: My brother and his wife. They were married that day. Because of them I was reminded how blessed we are and can be if we follow our Savior and His teachings of Eternal marriage. (I'm especially grateful for this reminder.) Because of them, Stephen and I were able to dance and have a great time with our children at the reception. Because of them, we spent the whole day in the South Jordan-West Jordan area. Good times! Because of them, we were with my family for a good portion of the day. All of this, because my brother found someone to love and who loves him equally. Yay!!

Wednesday, November 4th: My father's mother. She had a bad fall yesterday and ended up cracking her vertebrae between her shoulder blades. She never did stand straight and has a hunch on her back, and I believe that is part of why she hurt her back. She wasn't doing so well at the wedding luncheon and that may have been part of it as well. She is doing okay, but in a lot of pain, and is at the hospital under the careful eyes of nurses and doctors. Her doctor decided it's not best for her to have the vertebrae fused, so I'm not sure what the next step will be.
She is one of the sweetest old ladies you'll ever meet. She would give you her eyesight if she had it to give. She told the best bedtime stories of princes and princesses, of witches and other fairy tales, and I'm sad to say that I don't remember how she told them. Her birthday is on Halloween day, she has always said she was a good witch, when I was little, I believed her for long time.
She is an amazing artist. She at one point in her life drew for Disney studios. She was that amazing. Thanks to age, disease, and uncontrollable events, she can no longer do art. She would blend colors together that you would never think of to put for the color of skin or hair. I'm grateful I was able to save some of her drawings and have her do a couple just for me.
She is full of love for everyone and for the Savior. She has a strong testimony of Christ and all he does for us. She trusts our Heavenly Father in taking care of all of us and that whatever happens to us is His will for us and part of our life and plan to return to live with him. I love her and am so thankful she is a part of my life.
11/05 Add to post The Doctor for my Grandma is doing surgery tomorrow on her spine. He is going to fill the crack in the vertebrae with cement (and any other cracks he might find.) I hope she does well and makes it through this.

No comments: