10/22/2009

Monday's Workout

Okay, so I know this seems more like an exercise journal, but I'm trying to come up with things my family does. But, for now, I'm telling you about my week thus far.
On Monday, I went with Sheila, my s-i-l, to her personal trainers boot camp. This is what we did on Monday: 9 different stations for 5 minutes each, as many sets as we could get.

1- speed walk while carrying a 20lb. bucket about 25-40 ft. switch hands and carry it back. Do side-steps same distance and back.= 1 set for 5 min.
2- Cone ladders (you know what those are) =1 set for 5 min.
3- Bosu-15 toe touches or side steps, sprint back 20 feet, 15 jumping jacks= 1 set for 5 min.
4- Jump over a tight rope (1 ft off ground) 15 times while holding a medicine ball, then 15 squat throws with the ball = 1 set for 5 min.
5- Cowbell (kettle weights?) side lunge while raising and lowering bell. 5 min.
6- Jump Rope for 5 min.
7- Sprint 20 feet, rest 10 sec., sprint back, rest 10 sec. = 1 set for 5 min.
8- Rope ladder on ground. jump in then out on each section of ladder, up then back down= 1 set for 5 min.
9- 15 male push-ups then 20 jumping jack squats = 1 set for 5 min.

We did each station once, plus after doing 2 or 3 stations, we ran a couple of laps around the school front parking lot. Oh. My. Goodness. if it weren't for the fact that I'm liking the exercise, I don't think I would have done this. I thought we were going to run snowbasin, that's the only reason I did this. But Sheila found out we weren't and I still said I'd go. I think I slept really well that night, once I was able to sleep. I really need a better way to get pictures of these things to post them. I think people might really like them.

No comments: