10/19/2009

Last week...

Last Friday, Amanda and I did a full 3 mile run. It felt. so. good! I loved the whole thing. I haven't run a full 3 in I don't know how many weeks. I just knew I could do it and it felt great. I even thought about running an extra mile until I realized Amanda needed to leave. Bummer, I really did want to keep going. I came home and no one was up. Do you know what that means? That means we ran faster than normal, for me anyway. I was home before my oldest was up for school. I was home before my hubby was up for work. I enjoyed it. I was loving it. I showered and got ready. Sent the kids off to school and I even went with girl #2 on a school field trip. It was fantastic. It was all because I had a great run that morning. How nice it was for me. This will only help me with the 5 miler on Thanksgiving morning. YAY!
The next morning, girl #1 went with me to the track to do a boot camp exercise with Amanda. I tell you, my bottom end muscles haven't hurt like that in a very. long. time. We did so many things I don't remember them all. Seriously. We did sprints(100's) and then would go back to doing something that would use a set of muscles I forgot existed. Then do another lap of sprints. I hurt all day Saturday and Sunday, but thankfully today I feel better. Thank you Amanda and I know that Lori deserves a thanks as well.
Today however, I am going with my S.I.L. Sheila to her personal trainers boot camp. It is all week, but I'm skipping out of Wednesday's activities. I'm sure I'll need the recuperation time. I am excited about it. I can't wait. It is a good thing to do it this week as Amanda will be going out of town. I am really excited to do this workout with my S.I.L. I haven't gone on any workouts with her and it will be nice to see how I do. We have run some races, but never anything like this. I'll update you all on it, you know, let you know how much I hurt during the next week. Lots of FUN!!!

No comments: