10/27/2009

October 26th, (the reason I had to take Stephen to work today)

On October 26Th, we went to Red Butte Gardens in Salt Lake City. It is a beautiful place just above the university. I, being a total wreck having to drive there without my husband, forgot my camera. Thanks be to my wonderful s.i.l. Susan who brought hers. I just need to get the pictures from her. It was a great family event. The kids all wore their costumes and had their face painted. They received a pumpkin to share and to paint, even boy #2 painted part of it. There was a huge owl, in the same building as the pumpkins, that was looking around. She then set her eyes on my boy #2. He noticed it and started to squirm away. He figured he was the prey at that point. They went through a haunted hallow area to make a witch's broom, then raced on the them through a maze. They searched through a haystack to find a creepy crawly thing which they then turned in to receive a prize. They listened to a witch tell scary stories and funny jokes. They went to the children's garden area and got to make potions! and play in the garden area set up just for them. They even got to see a Witch's brew. It was cold, but so much fun. It was a wonderful family night for us. Because it was total darkness outside, I begged Stephen to drive us home and I'd bring him into work the next morning. He is so good to me, he didn't have any problem. Because it was so late and being the forgetful mom that I am, we had to stop somewhere for a quick dinner on the road home, but we did enjoy a delicious chocolate cream pie at Grandma's and Grandpa's! I'll post those pictures as soon as I can!

No comments: