11/03/2010

30 Days of Gratitude and Thankfulness

A few years back a friend did this, 30 days of Gratitude and Thankfulness. I did it last year and thought I'd do it again. I'm a little bit late in getting started, but I'll do it anyway!
Day #1 11-01-10
Boy #1's new Asthma and Allergy Dr. He's awesome and I feel like this time he really cares and wants to help rather than just prescribe meds. He wants Boy #1 to take as little of steroid for asthma as possible and to really just help him with his allergies, which are: Dog, Horse, Cat, Sagebrush, and Grass. Thankfully not much else. Boy#1 is doing great with his Asthma testing, he blows out all the candles on the computer screen and has really good sounding lungs. As long as I can remember to give him his meds at night instead of the morning, everything will work out just fine. I'm thankful the Dr. wanted to do another skin test so we could know what will set Boy #1 off with an attack. Now we know what to avoid if possible. In the meantime, Jake will be getting a bath every week! (probably should have already been doing that.)
Day 2 11-02-10
The right and privilege to vote. I have always tried to make sure I get out and vote, even for the little things. This year I wanted to make sure I voted, because I'm tired of what promises never kept, people complaining that didn't vote, and many other things that I won't get into. I don't want to debate anything political, I only get angry with the person I debate with, so I don't do it. I know, not very grown up, but I'm not going to fight, I don't like how I feel later. I just hope that with the new people we have in government that they actually do what is best for the people who are here naturally and legally.
Day 3 11-03-10
A clean dog, house, and life.
As I mentioned, Jake will be getting baths every week. I decided that Wednesday's are the days.
I have successfully changed the bedsheets every Monday for a month now. I read somewhere that it will help cut down on colds, flu's, or any other sickness that decides to poke it's ugly little head in my house.
I'm grateful that even though I may have a cold now, I am generally healthy, that I don't drink anything that will harm me. I don't smoke. I don't take any drugs that will hurt my body. I try to run often, eat the right portions, drink plenty of water, and basically do what I'm supposed to to be healthy. I'm still not getting enough sleep (because that really is important,) but I'm working on that as well. Early to bed, early to rise...

No comments: