11/05/2010

30 Days of Gratitude and Thankfulness

Day 5 11-05-10 A chance to sleep in and just rest. This stupid cold I have is kicking my bottom end. I can't go running because I can't breathe, I don't want to be around people and get them sick, my kids are running rampant somewhere, and my housework isn't exactly up to par (someone want to come dust my house?) I did sleep in this a.m. until 8:20. The exact time two of my kids are supposed to be sitting in their classroom seats. That's the time they left our house. The youngest just sat and watched t.v. the whole time the older kids were at school. Poor kid! I just sat and read a book with him right beside me. What a day. I think I'll just go back to bed and let the oldest take care of everything here, they would have more fun I think. I am thankful that I get a chance to rest like this sometimes though, it is very helpful if I don't have to yell or get upset with the kids. They even did all their homework, reading, and piano with little confrontation. I am blessed, this much I know.

Day 4 11-04-10 A handy man for a Hubby!
Yesterday we discovered a leaking pipe from the upstairs bathroom. Stephen knew exactly what to do and once the kids were all in bed and I had taken some NyQuil for my cold he started in on the leak. Little did I know that I'd need to help him by holding a light, I almost fell asleep standing up and that wouldn't have helped at all. He managed to fix the whole thing on his own, but it took him until about 3 in the morning. Yuck! Poor guy. Thankfully I have him to fix our little household problems and not have to go to a plumber for this.

No comments: