11/19/2010

Catching up on my Days of Gratitude...

So sorry I'm behind. This last week I struggled with what I'd write. Most of these things I usually take for granted, so hopefully my day 19 will help me be grateful for even the littlest of things.
Day 11- Veteran's Day. I am grateful for those in the armed forces and also the public defenders for the service of protection and freedom they provided in the past, provide now, and hopefully will always be able to provide in the future.
Day 12-My Mom. She gets me. Even when she doesn't realize it. I love her for the unconditional love she has given and shown to me.
Day 13- My Dad. He's amazing. He loves me, my husband, and the kids. He cares when I'm hurting or angry or showing any type of emotion. I know there are many fathers who do this, but my Dad is special to me. I love my Dad.
Day 14- Sister-in-laws. I have several of them now. I love them all very much. Every one of them affects how life is for the others, whether they realize it or not. I went with Stephen's sisters to a craft fair thingy, I really did enjoy my time I spent with them. I get to see the Nutcracker with the ones who married my brothers, that will be a lot of fun too!
Day 15- Stephen's and My Grandparents! I really do love to visit with all of them, I wish we had more time to do it. They are great people who always love to visit with us and the kids, especially the kids. Together we have 5 grandma's adn 3 grandpa's. It's fun to see them.
Day 16- Stephen's Parents. They are wonderful people. They are full of love not only for him and the kids, but me as well. Many people don't get the chance to know their in-laws because they are far away or for other unhappy reasons, but I'm glad I have the ones that I do. I love them much!
Day 17- Good Friends. I was able to hang out with a group of friends the other day. There is nothing like some good long girl talk with a bunch of little boys running around. These friends are amazing, even though some were missed, we still had a great time. Can't wait for the next time.
Day 18- Good Friends for my Kids. I'm so, so happy that my kids are able to play or hang out with kids who are a good influence. I love that when their friends do come over, they can talk freely and I'm not worried about what is coming out of their mouth. It feels good for my kids to be happy like they should be.
Day 19- Today I opened a blog about a family, the Coleman's, who had two children, a boy 3 yrs old with SMA and a girl 2 months(?) with SMA. Now, I don't know how I found this blog or why I decided to read it and add it on my list of blogs, or how long ago I found it, but I did. And I'm glad I did. Today's post said the little boy passed away during the night. He's been sick all week with a simple little cold, yet it was enough that he couldn't go on. His body was tired and he couldn't fight anymore. I think his mom knew, but didn't realize this was really it. I cried. and I cried and I cried. I have never met this family, but they have a loss that I never want to have to deal with. There was another family, The Sullengers. I saw their blog from a friends blog. I've been keeping up with it as well. The too, lost a child. Only she was as healthy as could possibly be. She had an accident and fell into a canal. She was found 2 miles down by some farmers who pulled her out, began cpr, and phoned for medical help. I have never met these people either, but I prayed for this family. I prayed for the little girl to make it through all of it, but she couldn't. There is so much more I could write, but I need to sum it all up. I have my children. They are healthy, happy, and alive. I need to let go of my fear of losing them and enjoy them so much more than I know I have. I'm grateful I have children and that these girls and boys are mine. I pray for comfort for these other families often, and I pray I will never have to deal with the loss they have felt.

No comments: