10/19/2010

Funny Story...

Last week we actually had Family Home Evening. The lesson was on Manners and Minding since my children have a major problem with this. They all burp, fart, call each other names, it takes 20 times at least in asking them to do something...Stephen and I were tired of it. I know there will be many, many, MANY more F.H.E. lessons on this, but we had to start somewhere. It went pretty good, the week was fairly decent, and they got a couple of M&M's for Minding their Manners.

Fast Forward to Monday morning...Boy #2 still has to have some help with wiping after he's gone #2-so it doesn't get spread all over the toilet seat, his clothing, or his own bottom and legs. I go in to help him and this is our conversation: *Warning: Potty talk is about to commence!*
Boy #2: farting is bad manners huh mom.
Me: yes. yes it definitely is.
Boy#2: pooping is good manners huh mom.
Me: (puzzled looked) Yes it is as long as it's in the potty right?
Boy #2: (looking at me like "Duh!") Yep poop goes in the potty, not in our pants.
Boy#2: burping is bad manners huh mom.
Me: Yes most definitely.

He left the room and I just smiled. He makes me laugh and when I told the rest of the family, they all burst into laughter including Boy #2. Oh my life is never truly dull. Nope, never.
The above pic is Boy#2 helping Stephen fix the dryer on Thursday. Such a big helper;)


No comments: