11/08/2010

Days 6, 7 and 8!

Yes, I'm behind again.
Day 6 11-06-2010: I'm thankful for going up to Stephen's Grandpa's land in Idaho. We went up with the kids to initially work, but to play if there wasn't any work. Yep, we worked. A lot! The trees decided shed, so, we picked up after them. We made a fun-filled day of it by stopping at Gossners, Pepperidge Farms, and La Tienda on the way up. (I Love going to two of the three places.) We got there and Stephen cleaned out the shed while I worked on my Primary music stuffs. The kids all had to start raking up the leaves into piles. They did an okay job for being kids who normally don't have to do this. When I was finished, I joined them. Then Stephen joined us, he had two of the younger ones grab some huge buckets from the shed and they started filling them up with leaves. I had the best rake so I raked up more leaves in 45 mins than the kids did in an hour. It was good times I'm tellin' ya, Good. Times. Girl #1 had a friend with her and they both worked hard. By the time we were done, we needed to head home. We stopped at McD's for some burgers and saw a Momma dear with her baby. It was kinda cool. We then hit 7-eleven for slurpee's! It was a great day!!!!

Day 7 11-07-2010: Babies! My brother blessed his baby girl yesterday. It was so fun to see them and the other families. The blessing he gave was so nice and I'm sure little A-girl will be able to become what Heavenly Father wants her to be. But this isn't just about her, it's about babies in general. Saturday I was at a baptism and one of the Stake Presidency members was there. He is older, his kids are mostly grown and on their own, but there was a cute little baby that sat at his feet during the talks. The Stake Pres. member watched him for a bit, then picked him up just smiling the whole time he held the baby. It was interesting to me the way babies can turn the hardest of men and women into softies. It happens everywhere and all the time. I know how much they can change a persons life and a families. My good friends Amanda and Jared were able to adopt children and I have seen the wonderful changes in their lives. Stephen's cousin's adopted a baby girl and it has been world of difference for them. Babies are amazing! No matter how they enter your life!

Day 8 11-08-2010: Monday is Laundry Day! I know, it's the bane of some people's existence, and probably mine, but! I'm grateful to have clean clothes, bedding, towels, and whatever else you can wash and dry. My washer and dryer have gone on the fritz a few times lately and I'm glad for the handyman in my life, maybe even more so because I don't have to go to the laundromat! I know I will always have work in my home, because of laundry. I will never get bored here. Because I can watch a show or take care of other little things here at home while I'm getting the laundry done, then my house is clean for a bit. It's also a sign that I am always needed. I'm not so sure my hubby could get it done or that the kids wouldn't put in a brand new red shirt with the whites. I'm sure they could figure it out, but I'll only teach them about it and I'll still be the one to do. In fact I have taught the girls how to do this. They conveniently forget or don't have the time to help me out. Whatever, I know I have job security. I do like that they have to put their clothes away. That is prolly one of the best parts about it. Either I will seperate the loads once they are done or all of us will. Then, they have to put their stuff away. and I don't mean, thrown into the closet or drawers. Folded and/or hung up. Matched socks. folded underwear.
It feels so good once it's all done, I love the feeling.

No comments: