11/11/2010

Days 10 and 11

Day 10. I kinda just realized that I don't need to put the stinkin' date on the 30 days of gratitude posts. You all know what day I'm talkin' about. Silly me. I'm thankful for Books! I can escape from the world with my imagination and reading. Sometimes, that's not the best thing if the book is somewhat scary, but even still, I get to escape from things. It's one of the few things I get to do as a break from my kids, as much as I love them. I love books that end happy. I'm okay with other things happening during the book, but it needs to end happy. The reason for this is, it affects my mood with my hubby and kids. He knows when there is a scary or unhappy part in a book because of my mood. I know it's strange and hopefully I'm not some psychotic who later in life believes all the things I've read to be true, but I'm glad he knows. He teases me saying that our life with each other and the kids isn't the life of the character in the book I'm currently reading and it kinda takes me back a bit. I realize how silly I've been, apologize and we go on with reality. Thank goodness for books and for my hubby who doesn't enjoy reading, but lets me.
Day 11 My kids' Piano Teacher, Lisa. She has been playing since she was 5! She is so amazing. She works well with the kids. She has more patience than I could ever imagine. and unfortunately for us, she's going to stop teaching. I'm incredibly sad about it. I will probably shed tears before this is post is done. She has been teaching my kids for so long, I'm not sure what I'll do. She is a great friend of mine. She'll run with me, help me train, and she spots all the mountain lions out before I do. She helps me to understand my own kids a bit better. She can see which child o'mine is the one we have the hardest time getting to practice, and she offers advice of how to help her.
I understand that things get difficult for those that teach out of their home and I'm all for her happiness and well being. But, I want to be so selfish at this point and beg her to keep my three kids for lessons. I'll make it easy for her, I'll figure something out on how to help her with her own kids.
Okay, selfishness is done.
She is an awesome person and wonderful teacher, I only pray that we'll be able to find someone that I'll like and the kids will too. I don't think it happens very often, but I'm hoping for the best.
Thank You so much Lisa for all the hard work you've done with my kids!!!! I can't express it enough. Thank Trevor and the kiddos for me as well. They have given up their Mom/Wife for so long. Maybe in my dreams she'll say-I'll still teach your kids, because they are awesome and practice hard. Yeah, maybe I can keep on dreamin' it.

1 comment:

Ayumi Sunaga said...

Hello. This is the first time to send comment to you.

I am from Japan, a mother of 5-month-old son.

I read your blog. So nice! Beautiful pictures!

I am just so agree that books and movies have to be end happy.

Also, I think every mom need to escape from our lovely children.

Reading books is very good tool to do it. We can read while children are sleeping.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading your posts.