9/28/2010

This Weekend...

We had a fun, yet busy weekend. Most of this was Saturday. In fact I believe it all was on Saturday.
We ran in the ward 5k! All of us. well most of us. one of us got to ride in the stroller, but, he's only 3. Girl #1 ran it in 35 minutes!!!! Boy #1 was right behind her with 35 and half. I was right behind them with 37 minutes!!! I felt great and I loved that my family did this with me. Sorry, but no pics., we forgot the camera. Girl #2 started out the same, but she kinda gave up when the other two wouldn't let her catch up. Stinkers! She did come in before her daddy I do believe, but I could be wrong-I have been before. Stephen and boy #2 came in with 47 minutes. Stephen's knee went out on him again. We tried running earlier in the week and he did ok up to 3 miles, but then we had to walk out the rest of our run. Poor guy, I feel for him.
We then hustled home to grab a small breakfast, Girl #1 went to a young Women's service project we were off to Boy #1's soccer game. They won, but who's really counting at this age! He played his heart out and he didn't have any asthma problems!!!! I'm so grateful for that. I just love the little guy!
Then we were off to a Ragnar Team Picnic! We had so much fun. Stephen got to play with the metal detector and the kids got to play on the playground. I got to talk with some wonderful peeps!





















Then off to the wonderful and spiritually lifting General Relief Society meeting! I went with my M.I.L. and we ate dinner at her stake house and watched the meeting there. None of her daughter's were able to make, but we all try to when we can. I heard what I needed at this meeting. Sister Beck's talk was wonderful and I needed it. It only reaffirmed that I'm doing exactly what I need to be doing right now. I really, really, really appreciate the fact that I have friends to pay better attention than I do. I really have a hard time remembering what's been said. I'm also glad that I can go online and catch what I missed.
The rest of my fam went swimming! The pool water was very warm from what I was told. They had a lot of fun and I'm glad my hubby was able to go with them. The next day, we went to church, girl #1 was set apart in a calling in young women's, we enjoyed church and the speakers, came home and did nothing really. It was soo sooo soooo nice. What a great weekend!

By the way, Stephen sorta fixed my dryer! more like put a band aid on it, so no more visits to the laundromat! Watch, it'll break for good and he'll really have to fix it, now that I've said something.

1 comment:

Lori said...

it was great to see you!