9/21/2010

5 More Minutes please?????

Yesterday morning, I woke up wanting only 5 more minutes of sleep. I got 10. Lucky me. The problem with those 10 minutes extra, my shower, getting the kids up and ready for school, making breakfast for them, and trying to make it to my in-laws for fun-filled shopping day by 9a.m. All in all it was a good day and we had a lot of fun, but man I'm beat.
The reason why??? Boy #1 has asthma. He has been having a few attacks lately. (I've been too tired to even go running in the a.m. with my friends. Sorry for bailing out.) His first attack was Thurs. at 3 a.m. we got back to bed by 4:30. (I probably should have stayed up for 1 hour, but I couldn't do it.) I took him in to his pediatrician and they gave us a cough med to give him, only I didn't get it until Saturday due to reason's beyond my control. His next attack was Saturday night. We went to Wee Care Peds. They did a little more for him. He got a steroid treatment and a prescription for steroids for a few days. We got home between 1:30 a.m. and 2a.m. because we needed his meds. Walgreen's was slammed that late at night! They were the only pharmacy we could go to. (Why aren't you people sleeping instead of getting medicines? Hello it's midnight and my son needs this stuff, but it took forever because everyone else decided the Sabbath starts when they go to bed and wake up the next day. Seriously, I was bugged.I'm done for now. I realize other people need their meds and I don't know their situation either.) We missed church, but the girls went and took boy #2 with them. Man it's been tough catching up on sleep here in this house. He's been doing sooo much better!!! I'm so relieved. We are keeping it up and he is improving everyday. I think that because it's harvest season, people are getting their garden's ready for winter and stirring things up, I cleaned out some closets, and other rooms kicking up dust, and Boy #1 may have outgrown his meds...it all combined and took it's toll on him. Poor thing. Hopefully when we see his allergist/asthma guy we can figure it all out. Cursed allergies and asthma. The smoke from the Herriman fire didn't help either. I couldn't even go running. My verbal vomit about this is done now, thanks to taking it off my shoulders.
Poor Stephen is tired too, but I make him go to work everyday, even if he's late and just wants to sleep. (picture evil smile on my face.)

No comments: