9/08/2010

Yummy food and fun!!!

We went on a date a couple weeks ago and I'm just now getting to blog about it. Stephen's boss plays the lead guitar for a band named Light Vizion. Their album debut concert was couple of weeks ago and she had cornered Stephen in the hallway asking if we were going, he said we'd try. We did try and we were able to get a babysitter, ya know cuz it was in Midvale. (Man we gotta move closer to his work! Just sayin') After we dropped the kids off we headed south! We left in enough time to stop and get something to eat. We ate at a restaraunt that I'm not sure many of you have. I'll let you take a guess from the photos.....
It was super good food! and there was a UFC Championship fight that night. We didn't have to pay the cover because we didn't stay. It is in Midvale.....still thinking?.... This is a little bit of a better clue....
Yes! we ate at Hooters! I was a little apprehensive cuz of the reputation of the girls there and the ones that go there ya know, but I was starving and this was close to the freeway once we got off. Aaannnd, I haven't eaten there. Ever. Curiosity got the better of me. Ya know what? all the hype and crap that people give about this place is blah. If you think about it, it's no different from eating at Chili's or Applebee's with their waiters-waitresses having to have flair on their uniforms. Hooters flair is their uniform. Yes they are skimply dressed, but the if the guy you're with only has eye's for you, they never notice the workers. Hahaha, I wasn't worried about a thing once I walked in the door. I wouldn't take my chicadee's with me, but for a quick place to eat and some really really good food, it's not bad at all.
We were in and out in less than an hour! We headed to the Midvale Main Street Theatre. It was a nice little place. But, I have to say one of the most impressive things I've seen is the bathroom. I even took pics. They are awesome looking!














Wall murals done with pieces of mirror. It was fabulous. So creative some people can be. Sigh, jealous. I even commented to the owner, she said her daughter had her senior pics done there.
(Stephen's boss Chris DeCaria on lead guitar. She really is good!)
The concert was good! I think we were there more for the support of Stephen's boss, but she is awesome! She can play the guitar really really well. She won't even play Rock Band because she doesn't want to mess up her real guitar playing. funny huh? The band did some awesome songs, and also some political ones. I'm not that much into that sort of music artsy stuff so we just enjoyed the music sometimes and not the words. Chris was glad that many of her co-workers and wives were there, she was surprised that we came all the way from O-town. It was a good evening. I really loved being there with my hubby. He loves to do new things and see new things. We had a great time!

No comments: