9/07/2010

100th post. Wow

So I've been blogging long enough to get to 100 posts. That's cool. Man, I feel like I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to blog. So I think I'll use some bullets to help me round out our summer.
July
  • Ran Riverdale's 4th of July 5k-did great 33:16
  • S.i.l. got married
  • Had a couple of reunions to attend
  • Went to Bear Lake for 3 nights
  • On our way up to Bear Lake, a.c. compressor in durango went out. Cost: too darn much, but paid it anyway.
  • Celebrated Pioneer Day with my family. Sent kids to stay with cousins in Tooele for a few days. Yipee!!!
  • Celebrated 13 years of Marriage. Love my man!!
  • A s.i.l. delivered her 3rd baby. A girl. Finally, Yay!!!
  • Stephen was asked to, and did, baptize our neighbors son. I feel grateful that Stephen holds the priesthood honorably.

August

  • Girls camp for girl #1
  • taking the kids to a movie
  • talking the kids school clothes shopping
  • Primary activities, birthday parties, and activity days
  • Soccer. It has started. Tuesday evenings through Saturday mornings our lives will be Soccer. Plus schooll and church callings and activities.
  • Back to School night. For the Elementary kids, this was easy. Walk in. Find out who the teacher is. Meet the teacher, see the classroom. Walk out. For girl #1 though, we had to get her schedule, find her locker, try out her locker (about 30 times total while we were there), find the classrooms, meet the teachers, help her find the best ways to her classes from her locker and the other classes. It was about an hour and a half of us going through all this. Not bad though, it made her first day a breeze.
  • School started and got new vinyl flooring for kitchen. I already posted that.

Well that's a good summary of our life in the last two months, but now September has started. I don't see my life slowing down one bit. I am happy for my kids and my hubby. I love them all.

We have been blessed with a new little baby. My other s.i.l. had her little girl-finally-last week. She is super cute. I just love her. She has such pretty hair. My brother already has 2 boys and they wanted a girl so bad. In my family it seems boys out number the girls, well this newest little girl almost evened out the score, we are only down by 1. Someone else needs to take care of that though!

We had my 3 brothers celebrating a birthday, my m.i.l., and a nephew on Stephen's side. All within a week of each other. It seems like Christmas.

Hope everyone else is having an enjoyable September thus far, and that you all had a great summer.

So many blessings. So many exciting things happening. Wow, and I get to be part of it all. Love it! really I do.

No comments: