9/13/2010

Turkey!!!

I actually cooked a turkey yesterday! I have never, in 13 years of marriage or 33 years of life, cooked a turkey. I always thought it would be the hardest thing to ever do, so let's always go to mom's for turkey dinner. Lazy right? uh, yeah. We had leftover potatoes and carrots and salad from a roast I made earlier in the week so that part was done. Oh, and jell-o. I got some Rhodes Rolls out of the freezer in the morning, so we had "fresh" rolls with our delicious turkey dinner.
I thought it was a bit dry, but Stephen said it was perfect. I think he was being nice, but for my first time I think it turned out good. Stephen told me before that the key to a good turkey is cook it upside down, on the breast, so I did. It must work because he and all the kids ate it. So now I know I can cook a turkey for something sometime, let's just hope it's not for a huge family dinner, with my luck it will burn on the outside and be frozen on the inside.
(While I was typing this up, boy #2 crawled onto my lap, started sucking his thumb and fell asleep. He hasn't done this for a long time, usually only when he's sick. I hope that's not it. I love it! so much for getting anything else done today.)

No comments: