10/05/2010

A Clean house....

or so I thought I could have one. Yeah, right! With kids and a dog in our small place, there is only a small window of opportunity to see my place clean. But I try. Every day I try. Well, Last week I was able to make sure one of our closets stayed in order, paint the floor boards in the kitchen, move Jake's kennell and the Baker's Rack back into the kitchen and then clean the front room carpet the next day or two. I'm so excited I was able to do this. I love having my carpet look nice and since I have to wait for funds to be saved again for carpet, I can at least clean it for now. It looks really nice. I even re-rinsed it the next day because I felt like there were sticky spots from the soap. Ugh! but it is now nice and clean. I really should post some pics of my finally done kitchen and mostly clean front room. Maybe. We'll see.
I did get to spend some fabulous time with some fabulous friends! I love having the time to be with them and just sit and talk. And cuddle with their babies and such since my own kiddos have grown. We had some yummy crepe's with banana's, peaches, nutella, cream cheese, and a yummy sauce I make. We had fun at Lisa's place. I cooked while Lisa and Amanda got to talk. We all had fun and missed some friends who couldn't make it. Hopefully next time!
Girl #2 received a Student of the Month award in her class and she also received an award for being there everyday on time. Her teacher really likes having her in class. Girl #2 is always helpful, cheerful, sincere, and especially kind to everyone. She even helps kids if they don't understand something and she has already finished. Girl#2 did really, really well on the block tests they take in school and that are a few reasons for her receiving her award. I feel bad that Boy #1 didn't get that award cuz of his asthma, but that is how it goes. He still does very well in school and I know he works hard.
Sorry for the novel, but this is a continuing one right? a blog, is just the novel of our lives? Yep, I sure think so.

No comments: