8/30/2010

1st day of school!!! ..........was last week.

My kids started school last week, same day we got the new flooring, and my hubby was home for both! So excited he was there.




Our oldest, girl #1, went off to Jr. high!!!! boo hoo. I was kinda sad because my child is growing up too fast. I was very excited for her and I know she was completely nervous, but I told her: you are a great person, you know who you are! that is probably the most important thing you'll know today; you know your schedule, you know where your locker is, you've met most of your teachers, and you know that we love you. You will have a great day. She came home and said she did, in fact, have a great day. So proud of her. Girl #2 and Boy #1 also went to school that day. Oh my goodness, what happened to all my babies??? Girl #2 is a 3rd grader and Boy #1 is a 1st grader. Girl #2 is worried she won't have any friends in her class, but I reminded her how we should be friends with everyone, even the boys. Which she has 2 in her class that she knows pretty good so I'm not so worried about her.Boy #1 has my 1st grade teacher. So did Girls #1 & 2, almost a family tradition except I want to move. He's very excited, but he's quiet and a shy boy at school. Mostly. I think he'll warm up to school again and be a normal, funny boy like he was last year. I hope he behaves as well as my girls and I have, don't want to give our teacher anything to worry about ;)
I'm glad they have the teachers they do. I'm glad we are parents that can be and will be active with their schooling and anything else they choose to do.
Love my kids. They are wonderful!

(Oh and boy #2 and I are going to try pre-school stuff here at home. He can go to pre-school next year!)
My Good lookin' hubby with our youngest. Boy #2 thought he needed his backpack when we walked the kids to school...funny boy.

2 comments:

Julie w said...

I can't believe how old your kiddo's are getting!! Isn't it weird?

I want to know who's living in our old unit? Are they nice?

Domestic Goddess and her Hero said...

They are very nice. Their last name is Bai (pronounced bye)and they have one little boy with another child on the way. They moved in about a year or so ago. She is the activity day leader and girl #2 loves her.