11/18/2009

Book Club 11-17-2009

I joined a book club with my friends Amanda and Mel about 6 months ago, and I really like it. We have read some wonderful and great books, also a couple I wouldn't read again. I very grateful for the friends I have made in Book Club as well. They are wonderful women who think and act amazingly. They are very kind women, who don't judge you or a book by its cover. I love it!
I love to read, I like it. It is my escape from everything else in my life. Stephen's not too keen on my reading all the time, but he'll deal with it. I can spend hours upon hours on a good book. I re-read many of the books I own. There is one set of books I really want to get: Hard cover Harry Potter series. I found the cheapest place is Barnes and Noble.com and, ironically, buying all seven in a box set is cheaper than buying them individually. Stephen's not too excited about that, but I want my children to read them. I want them to learn to love reading as much as I do and I want it to be fun for them. I know some of them won't like it as much as I do, but I want them to read very well and to be able to succeed in life. Reading will help them do that. Anything you've ever wanted to know is written down somewhere.

No comments: