11/30/2009

Gratitude Catch Up!19-30

Oh. My. How time flies by!!!
All right, if I was cute or artsy or a little literary smarty-pants, I'd make up a song or a poem for the rest of these, but I'm not, so you don't get a song or anything remotely close. Get settled with a cup of hot cocoa, put on your slippers, and enjoy the (not written well) novel!
11-19-2009: My Calling. In our ward, I'm the primary chorister. I really like and am glad to say we finally, have a pianist for primary and she is excellent! I love to hear the kids sing and especially if they know the song well, they tend to sing louder than me.
11-20-2009: Friends to hang out with. On this day my friends and I were finally able to get together. No one was sick and no one had anything going on. I loved it. It was so much fun to talk about whatever and laugh. Oh, how I love to laugh and these friends of mine made. me. laugh! I'm grateful for them and being able to around them. They always have a good, uplifting attitude and are very inspiring.
11-21-2009: Baptism and Cookies! On this day my family and I were given the opportunity to witness a young girls decision to join the church. She asked that I speak at her baptism on the Holy Ghost. I was so grateful for the opportunity. I mean how often do you get this? usually only for your children or nieces and nephews. Cookies! Oh I love cookies, they are so bad for me. If we have them, I eat them. If I make the dough, I'll eat just it. I love cookies and I'm glad to report, that I'm learning to control my passion for them and eat only a few instead of all.
11-22-2009: Boy #2! Oh how I love this little guy. He makes me: smile, cry, frown, laugh, dance, tired, think about how best to potty train him, HAPPY, more loving, search, have my own "A-ha" moments. I'll comment on this last example. He's now noticed when I look for something, I'll say ah, there it is. He is now saying (anytime he's looking for something) "A-HAA!" Oh it is funny, walking out of the store, "A-Ha! there it is" when asked where the vehicle was. He says it when looking for a toy, book, shoe, food, anything.
11-23-2009: Boy #1! Oh he is a cutie. I love this kid. He is smart and works hard in school. He laughs hysterically at all the funny things-even if they aren't. He smiles and has the cutest dimples that will melt your heart. He's a charmer, but refuses to kiss anyone, except for special occasions. Which, by the way, there haven't been any. He loves to run and play on the couches. He loves, loves, loves to tease his big sisters! Oh. my. goodness. The fights that erupt. I'm learning to be patient and calm when this happens. I'm trying to get the girls to realize he likes them and will tease them because of it. He is full of love which then helps me love him even more. He tries so hard to do well, and gets upset when he fails. He knows we love him and will always be here for him. He needs a hair cut often, but that is part of what makes him so cute. There is so much to him, I love his personality and the things that make him, him.
11-24-2009: Girl #2! Oh what a fun loving gal! When she was little, she used to stutter. It was the. cutest. thing. in. the. world. She is always so helpful and loves, loves, loves art. She is constantly drawing a picture of the family or something else. I just love her so much. She calls her grandma to arrange sleepovers for her and boy #1, without my knowledge. She is the best girl #2 that I could ever have asked for. She once asked when she could quit piano, I told her when she can play like her teacher. She frowned at that, but she is still trying hard. She makes me laugh. She tries to make everyone happy, but she is a tease! She is a great reader and loves it. She likes to play school and other games at home. She loves to play on the computer and is getting good at the games on the pbskids website. She loves school and what more could a parent want than that!
11-25-2209: Girl #1! She is FUNNY! at least she thinks she is. ;} I really love her and appreciate all she does here at home. She helps watch the kids, does her piano without being asked, does her chores, helps the others with their chores, and she still gets to hang out with her friends. She is getting older and looks it. I'm sad that my first is growing so fast. I didn't realize that she is going to be a teenager within a few years and I'll have lost her to her friends. I hope not. I hope she'll always be able to talk with me. I hope she knows how much we love her. She is an amazing kid, full of love for all, happiness, joy, the occasional bad day, joking, teasing, patience. I could learn a lesson from her.
11-26-2009: Stephen. I love him. He is my rock. I love his support for me and for our children. He supports us all in sports, church callings and activities, home endeavors, school work, friends, and most of all, family togetherness. He always tries to be home when something is going on for the kids or me. He loves us and it is evident. He works in S.L.C. and the drive takes him away from us an extra 2 hours from what we're used to. He loves to: hike, bike, camp, fish, backpack, metal detect, scouting, go to parks, go on walks, pretty much anything outside, and the most important is, that, he always involves us in these activities. I'm grateful for him involving me and our children in his life.
11-27-2009: Thanksgiving and the run that morning. I was able to meet up with Amanda, Lesa, Lisa, Trevor, and Celeste for the Ogden Regional M.C. 5 mile run. It was actually closer to 4 I believe. I ran it in 46 minutes and 28 second. That averages my mile to 11:57. That is fast for me. I usually have a 13 to 14 minute mile. I'm very pleased with it. I'm grateful for the friends that went and ran it with me, even though we stayed together for maybe a half mile. The crowd that was there was huge! I'm glad they waited for me to finish before they went home. That was nice of them. Thanksgiving was a good time spent with family. I enjoyed it and the food.
11-28-2009: Santa Run 5K in Ogden. I ran this by myself, no friends. I was a little sad about that, but I handled it because my wonderful husband and great kids were there to cheer me on. I ran this 5K in 34:50. That is my fastest time of all my 5K's this year. I loved it. I felt good, but tired and hot. I overdressed because we were staying for the parade and fireworks after the run. I was happy though. I wasn't last. I finished the race in great time for me. My husband and children got to see me race. It was my exercise for the day. In 72 hours, I started with a race and ended with a race. It was a good weekend.
11-29-2009: Jake our dog. Jake is a black Lab and Weimaraner mix. He's beautiful. He protects my family from strangers and other dangers. He watches them when they play and makes sure they are safe. He protects us while Stephen is at work or gone camping with scouts. He is always ready to play, but, is obedient when he can't. He is the best dog for our family. He went hiking/metal detecting with Stephen this day. They went early in the morning and they went far up the mountain. To the top in fact. Jake was right there with Stephen, always loyal and faithfully by his side. At the beginning of the hike, about 3/4 to the top of the mountain, Stephen misstepped and started to slide on the rocks going down. He caught himself quickly, but Jake, sensing Stephen's initial fear, pushed his head onto Stephen's chest. It was harder for Stephen to hang on and he had to let go sliding down the mountain face, Jake jumped onto Stephen's chest hoping to stop him before he truly got hurt. Stephen did stop and Jake jumped off him. I'm glad Stephen wasn't alone on his hike, he was bushwhacking and didn't go on a trail. Jake was there to help where he could. Jake will always be a part of our family, no matter if Boy #1 and I are allergic to him and have asthma due to him being in our home. Jake is a faithful, loyal, truly good animal and a huge part of our family. The kids love him, Stephen loves him and I like him very, very much.
11-30-2009: Our general good health. Other than the normal colds, we haven't fared too bad thus far. This is the season for many sicknesses and usually we get them by now. I'm very glad that my kids are all healthy, no diseases for us to worry about. We have truly been blessed by the Lord. Earlier this month, our cousin's son was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer, medulla blastoma. He has tumors on his brain and some on the spine. The doctors are treating it as aggressively as it is acting. The poor little 3 year old has been going to radiation treatments five days a week for six weeks. I believe this is the beginning of week three. We pray constantly that all will go well. He will begin chemotherapy after the radiation treatments. He will have several of those, I don't know exactly how many. It will be a long process, a very long time before any of us can be near him, due to it being the cold/flu/pneumonia season. We love this little guy and think he will make it. We hope and pray for all those who are sick, we hope all will be well with all of you who read this. We are very grateful for our general health and hope you will be as well.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I've been meaning to call you to see how the run went! You are so awesome...two races in the same week! Awesome! How are things going? I hope well. I miss chatting with you. Maybe one of these days you can come over and hang out and bring Martin so our kids can play!

Lori said...

that's awesome your times have improved! means your hard work is paying off!