8/01/2009

Yay Me! I did it again.

I haven't been running since July 23 due to a stupid toothache/mouth ache (thankfully no cavities!) and only went hiking with Stephen last Sat. On Wed. the 29Th, my sister-in-law sheila asked me to run a 5k with her this Saturday. I said yes, she said to herself "oh crap" (she was only joking-she told me after the run.) I feel great. I ran all my miles, very slowly, but finished in 37:59. I was so excited! That is almost a full 3 min. faster than my last run on July 4Th! (shy by 9 sec.) WOO HOO!!! Can I give myself a pat on the back? Yep, I think so. Just think how much faster I will be by the time I run the Turkey Trot in Syracuse in November! Yeah, I will at least be running it in 35 min. I'm so excited. I have another run on the 22ND of Aug. in Sugarhouse. I have one on the 12Th of Sept. in Sugarhouse. I need to find a run for Oct. Anybody know of one? I am loving it! See ya out there folks! I might just whizz by ya.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

How about boot camp in October. We're running snowbasin again. I did it tonight. It was tought 3.9 miles all up hill. Ouch!!