8/27/2009

Back to School

My children started school this week. Girl #1 started 6th grade and got a great teacher. I hope she will do well in his class. She has started playing soccer with a co-ed team (yes, she did move up on purpose-coach wanted her on his team again.) Girl #2 started 2nd grade. I'm very excited for her because she does well at school. She loves art! and she loves to help the teacher whenever she can. She will start soccer soon as well. Both girls will start piano in a few weeks. Girl #2 asked me when she can quit. I told her when she's as good as her teacher. Boy #1 started kindergarten this year. He just walked into class, shook hands with his teacher after being introduced, said the pledge of allegiance, then took his seat. No tears. No goodbye mom. Nothing. He and his sisters walked home from school and were totally fine. My goodness they grow up fast.
Along with getting new school clothes, the kids got new haircuts! you saw the before...now here are the afters:

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I can't believe your kids are already this old! Where did time go? Wow. I'm pretty sure Max is going to be the same way on the first day of kindergarten. Peace mom. See ya after school.