7/29/2009

Happy 12 Years to us!






On Saturday the 25th of July, we celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. (11 years from Temple sealing) We celebrated it the way we started out, with a child. Just not pregnant. The three older kiddies went to Tooele to spend the weekend with their cousins, so we had boy #2 with us. On Saturday morning we hiked Waterfall Canyon. It was a good hike, I truly enjoyed it. For those who know me, know I hate hiking.
I had fun with Stephen and the babe, whom Stephen carried on his back all the way up. We took Jake the dog with us and he was protective of us as always. I carried the water, snacks, diapers, phone, camera. It was fun. I didn't complain near as much as I used to nor did I stop as much. I am running with a team in the Ragnar Relay, so I need to do more hikes and hills. This is why I chose to hike for our anniversary.
On the way down, Stephen's knee's started giving him pain, a lot of pain. About half-way down, I started running down the trail so I could go back and help Stephen with the babe. I got to the car and dumped my stuff. I ran back up the trail and before I even got to the part with a sign, here comes the hubby and the babe walking slowly towards me. I tried to be fast so I could help, apparently I need to work on it. We were able to make it down with out any problems thankfully! I didn't have to carry Stephen down the hill!
Afterwards, we went to 7-Eleven for Slurpee's. YUM! We went home stretched, showered, got ready to go out. We ate dinner at my new favorite place, The Texas Roadhouse. Oh I like that place. Very, Very good food! boy #2 also enjoyed his time there. We had fun just the three of us. Our children had fun with their cousins and got to spend some good time with them. We ran some errands, then came home to watch a movie. I still haven't got to finish it yet. I want to though. From what I did see, the movie is awesome. You'll have to watch it sometime. Equilibrium. I will finish it tonight.
All in all, we had a wonderful anniversary. I didn't think we'd be doing anything at all for it, but Thanks to my sister-in-law Anne for planning on the kids being with them, we got to celebrate.
I am so much in love with my husband. I really appreciate and love all he does for me and for our children. He is the one who insists I stay home with them. I love that about him. YAY! for terrific husbands!
On a side note- I am running another 5k this weekend. I like it! I like it! I do! My sister-in-law Sheila suggested it. Since the hubby and the oldest three will be back packing, I might as well! We'll see how I do during this run. I hope better than the last one.

No comments: