8/13/2009

Willard Bay

Some friends of ours decided to rent a boat and had invited us to meet them at Willard Bay. Stephen took the day off work and helped me get the kids ready for one great big day of fun. And it was a blast.

We met up with our friends and the switched riders on the boat. The kids seemed to have fun until it was their turn to ride on the tube being pulled by the boat. Some of them didn't care for it. Girl #1 had fun for a time, but I think she got too nervous and it made her a little sick. This was the first time our kids had ever been on a boat. Ever. (except the little canoeing we did earlier this summer.) They needed to warm up to the experience I think and we'll have to do it again. Both girls were on the tube with Stephen and he leaned forward to look at something in the water, it sent them all under. He let go, the girls hung on. They hung on for a brief time but finally let go and came up. Girl #2 was crying. Girl #1 was coughing the water out but was okay. Girl #2 asked when we were going back to shore. Stephen was still on the tube, so Allen had Girl#2 help him drive to try and knock Stephen off the tube.
Stephen and I got on the tube together and I'll tell you, it was my first time as well. It was hard to hold on to the handles and to make turns and deal with water in your face.Constant water in your face. But, I did enjoy it. The first time you fall off, it hurts. The second time your body goes numb, the third time you learn to land on your back so you can skip across the water and then go under.

I did go by myself, I tried 3 times and I fell off 3 times. That is why I have decided that you need to land on you back to skip across the water. It was fun. After everyone on the boat with us went, we started going ashore. We let my 4 kids sit on the tube and be towed quietly and safely in to the shore, where there were many friends waiting their turn to be thrown off the tube and wake board. I still had a lot of fun and went back out two more times and fell every time.

I feel like my body has gone through a washing machine and I did it on purpose.
My body aches. It hurts. I did sunburn a little but that pain is gone now. My pain is in my muscles, joints, neck, everywhere. I didn't notice it until we went to bed last night, but I feel every bit of it today. When we laid down for bed and I closed my eyes, I felt like I was still on the boat, on the water just rocking away. I think it made me feel a little sick. We have some pictures, but not the best ones of my falling off and skipping across the water or rolling twice before I went under, but I'll post them as soon as I can.

We truly did have fun while we were there and it is something that we hope to experience again. We had hobo dinners at the end of the day along with some delicious salads. It was terrific end to a fabulous day. The kids slept very well. and the kids were not burnt as badly as they have been before. They had very little burning at all. It was great. Thank You Marlene and Allen and family for one very great and exciting day. We are very grateful for our friendship with you!

No comments: