8/28/2009

So...I haven't been running since Tuesday.

I haven't gone because my friend Mel, has an injured knee. I think it's due to my turtle slow running. I feel bad. I hope her knee gets better soon. I like to run, but not alone on dark mornings. It is hard to get yourself up to run when the moon is gone and the sun hasn't even peaked around any mountains. I like to run with Mel because she is so patient with me. On Tuesday, she decided we were going to sprint during our run. I was totally okay with that. I need to get faster and that was the only way we could think of to get some speed out of me. We did really well. I loved it. My muscles in my legs hated me, it felt great. I haven't felt like that in a long, long, time. I need to do this more. I need to find the confidence and strength to go alone if needs be. I need to not be afraid. Any suggestions on how to do this? anyone, anyone, anyone?
Oh my gosh! I just realized I need to get my butt running! I have a 5K in three Saturdays. Oh for the love of running, why can't I do it!? I hope to be able to improve my run. I better. No time off for laziness, sickness, school, work, or injury. well maybe injury. I need to get to work on my time!
Please if you have any suggestions for speed training or are willing to go with me and Mel at 5:30a.m. give me a call or send an e-mail. I need help. plbbbbt.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

maybe you should go at night. I do that and then when I'm too lazy to get out of bed, I can still go. I think you should run a mile for a few days and do it as fast as you can. My trainer had me do that and I did it in 9 minutes. It's made my longer runs faster

Amanda said...

I'm starting speed training next week. Ogden High track at 5:30. Be there or be square. :D
And get ready to cry because it hurts so good....

Melanie said...

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself! You are doing awesome! And my knee feels lots better, so I'm planning on coming with you. Just think how far you've come!