7/23/2009

So, I did it!

I ran a full 3 miles without stopping! I was so excited, but out of breath to really show it. A big high 5 to Mel and that was all I could really do. I hope tomorrow is as good as today. This is the first time I have ever run that long without stopping. EVER! I didn't even run like this in Junior High or High School. I am now feeling some of it in my knees and ankles but so what. I am a runner! YAY!
When I got home, I stretched out, said goodbye to Mel, then ran upstairs to tell my hubby. He was asleep but he mumbled a congratulations or good job. I think. When he was more awake, he said I could probably out run him. I don't know about that yet, but one day. (evil smirk)
From my girl #2: Say "Ellie's Elegant Elephant" five times in a row as fast as you can. It's hard.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Good job friend!!!! That's awesome! It only gets better from here...

Domestic Goddess and her Hero said...

Thanks! It's good to hear that from you, your an awesome runner and it helps my confidence level.