7/22/2009

Canoeing

Last week we took our kids canoeing. It was fun! If you need an idea for a cheap activity with your family do it. We went to Fort Buenaventura and rented a canoe for half an hour. Cost $3. We paid for those of us that are over 5 years old. Cost $1 each. We got the boys and girls all life jacketed up, put boy #1 in front of me, girl #2 behind me, girl #1 and boy #2 by each other at the bar in the middle of the canoe. We had fun, Stephen tried to scare them a little bit (which he succeeded at) by rocking the boat. After about 15 min. we docked the boat and switched places, I was now the one steering. Ummm? I learned out to do it. It was fun. Eventually, when the littler ones are older, we will rent two and have races. I need to work on my arms! The kids were able to relax after the first ten min. and they enjoyed the rest of the ride. We did let them try to paddle at the front. They wanted to help me, thought I might need it.
After our half hour was up, we docked the canoe and walked around the fort area. The kids loved it. This was an awesome FHE activity. It was great. Lots o'fun

No comments: