7/22/2009

I realized something..

I realized something this morning. I got up at 5:45, a little later than usual, and thought to myself, I don't want to do this. I got dressed, kissed my husband, stretched out and went running. I ran three miles with only little breaks in there. I was thinking about what I'd said to myself earlier. I don't want to do this? Yes I do. I like running. I like that I'm trying to make myself a better, healthier person by doing this. I realized I didn't want to stop as soon as I normally do. I ran a mile before anything on my body got tired. Why would I say that? I don't want to do this? I realized that I don't want to do this alone. I like to run with my friends. I like to run with my hubby even if he's saying to me "take a bigger step" "I would get tired too if I took too small of steps".
Side Note-I love him and it's only because he is so not a morning person. He likes to get up at 8 a.m. don't ask him to wake up earlier for exercise. "He just has longer legs than me" is my usual thought as I ignore him. He is a good man who tells me I can now outrun him. We'll have to see about that, but truly he means all the best and is honestly trying to help me when he can.
I miss when my friends are unable to go, but I really enjoy having them there talking to me. I can't run and talk at the same time so I love to listen to them, secretly hoping they're running out of breath. tee hee.
Side Note- I have been taking girl #1 with me to just run a mile. Just so she can see and feel the importance of exercise. I think she knows and in about a year or two she'll be running a marathon I swear! But by then I can get girl #2 out with me to run. I like having kids that are able to do this with me.
I was able to run my miles in about 41 min. not too shabby for this old flabby. I will increase my speed and decrease my time. I need to and want to. Until I get to where I want to be, I'll just keep on runnin'. See you people out there!

No comments: