5/27/2010

A touch up and 2 showers?!?!?!

What was I thinking.
So, Thursday the 20th, I had Lasik surgery for a touch up on my eyes. I'm very happy I did, but I was very busy that same day. My mom came and helped me take care of me and boy #2. It all worked out very nicely. Thanks Mom!!!!! So glad I don't have to wear the eye shields anymore while I sleep and now I can wear eye make-up! Yippee!
************************************
Thursday evening, the 20th, Stephen's sisters and I threw a Bridal Shower for his youngest sister-Susie Q. We are all so excited for her and can't wait for the day it happens. Now, here is a gripe so you're forewarned, no-body but two people showed up. No phone calls to even say regrets. No cards or gifts sent ahead just in case. I knew a couple of relatives weren't going to be there, one was not feeling well, some live out of state, I had two wrong addresses. But the best Aunt Becky and cousin Shelly (with her 4 cute, cute little kids) showed up. I love both these people. I feel terrible that no one showed. This is my little sister, the one my parents never had. Stephen's little sister is mine as well. I'm very protective of her. End of gripe. I really hope she had fun. We all had a fabulous time! We played games, ate the terrific food, won prizes. It was great! We had fun with the little group that was there. Wonderful times people, you missed out.
*******************************************
Saturday, I hosted a Pampered Chef Bridal Shower. Due to the previous shower, I was a little worried. This shower was for a friends daughter. She didn't have a friends shower or neighborhood one, so my friend and I threw this one. More people than I expected showed up, she was given many great and wonderfully fun for the kitchen gifts, and I even got a little somethin' somethin'. Good Times!!!! The food was fantabulously delicious. Fresh fruit and nummy pasta salad. A salad that I would run a 10K so I could just eat that all day. So good! I promise. If you were invited and couldn't come, sorry, but the food was worth it!

No comments: