5/04/2010

Decisions....

Girl #2 was to be baptized on Saturday the 1st of May. I knew this. She knew it. Stephen knew it. We had several things happening that day: Soccer pictures for all three teams, Soccer games, Baptism, Wanting to be outside. The problem we had was that all of it happened at the same time. We didn't know what to do. We asked if she could be baptized later that day or on another day. No to both of those. Stephen finally said, lets ask Girl #2 what she wants to do. She said, with a few pauses, That "I think..it's better...to be baptized." Okay! that made my life easier. Times for pictures were re-scheduled. Make-up games were taken care of. We only had to worry about her baptism. It was fun getting together with family and friends to have some yummy root beer floats. I wish the day would've cooperated though. Rainy days are good for the weekdays, not weekends. I'm thankful for them coming and supporting girl #2. We have the best family and friends in the world.
I'm so so pleased with her for making that decision. She is a beautiful girl who is growing so fast. Sometimes I feel like she's growing so fast, I don't see any of it. She is making better decisions, helping more, working harder in school and at home, practicing her piano more, and in general acting like a eight year of girl should. She is totally excited to be able to participate with the achievement activity day leaders and be a part of it with her friends. She is trying harder to read her scriptures with her brother and on her own.
She is making up her own hairstyles. Side ponytails with the tail still stuck making it a bun type thingy. Braids going in different places. Always asking for a ponytail or bun and taking it out by the end of the day. She is really funny about her hair. She wants to show off her earrings but gets tired of the same thing, so she makes up something totally off the wall. (and of course I didn't get any pictures! lame)
She takes her clothes and puts them together a little differently from what I'd do. She will take a skirt from one outfit, put it with a shirt from another, then add a sweater and make it her own. She does pretty good. It all works together. (again, no pictures, double lame!) It's fun and completely her. I love it and I'm trying to not squash her ideas when I feel they're too different. She is an amazing little girl that is growing up. We are very proud of her decisions she's making. Ya know what, I like my little girl. I like her a lot.

No comments: