6/01/2010

Memorial Day weekend update

On Saturday, Stephen helped his parents lay cement for a columned gazebo. He did a great job working the cement. He should, he used to work cement while working for Kaysville city when we were first married. It also helped to have my dad's tools to use. His brother and brother-in-laws helped with the project as well. This project has been going on for about two weeks. It was good we had nice weather for it. Their yard will be something else when all is said and done. I can't wait for the finished product- knowing that my hubby helped to create it.
******************************************
Saturday morning I was supposed to run 8 miles. Due to lack of time and a friend I'll call "chuck" needing to get home by 7 a.m. we had to cut it short. We did run the 36Th street hill from Polk on up, but at that point they kept going and I turned around knowing they would catch up to me. I ran almost 5.5 and they ran 6.4. I wasn't as far behind or slow as I thought. It was good times. I loved the run and it felt great to be out there in the morning.
******************************************
Sunday, after attending church, we took off for camping! Anyone who knows me knows I hate it. I'm not really up for it, nor do I really relax and enjoy it. I have a very hard time. So, I went with my family for a quick overnighter which turned out to be fun. I really liked spending time with the hubby and kids. While Stephen was telling a scary story, Boy #2 helped him finish his story which made us all laugh, even Stephen. It was cute and something I would have totally missed out on if I'd stayed home like I planned. We had a fun time and Stephen cooked some good food in the dutch oven.
When we woke up the next morning to Jake barking at whatever, we fixed breakfast, packed up the tent and vehicle, went for a small hike and headed home. Our favorite places to stop at were closed due to the holiday, so it looks as if I'll have to go again. Won't my hubby be so pleased!!!!
We got home, cleaned up, visited with some friends for a few minutes then went to visit the graves. We put Sunflowers on them because those flowers are so pretty. When we got to Morgan, we put a pretty pot of red Carnations on Stephens sister's grave. It was already decorated with many flowers, so ours just added to it. It was a great weekend with my family. I loved every minute of it!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's funny-you referred to me as Chuck. AWESOME!