5/17/2010

A little late, but that's okay!

On May 8Th, I ran in the Susan G. Komen 5K in S.L.C. I started going to it in 2008 because the year before my Mom had breast cancer. She's all good now with a healthy report card. The first year I walked most of it in 1 hr. 6 min. The second year I ran most of it in 41 min. This year I ran all of it in 34 min. I was so dang pleased with myself I kept telling people, even if I already told them. I loved that race. It was a great day with lots of fun with family. Yay!!! here's to doing what I can to stay cancer free!
My girls went with me this time. Girl #1 ran with my pregnant s.i.l. Sheila and Girl #2 walked the mile with my mom. These are our pre-race pictures. (The post-race ones aren't that great.) I do believe I like the short races.

No comments: