5/07/2010

Oh Yeah!

I'm so excited to be able to say this.....I ran 7 miles on Wednesday with Lisa and two other gals. It was awesome. I only had to stop once and that was at mile 6-ish. It was a great day, no rain or snow. It was warm enough for just the running shirt and pants. I took my camel back with me so I would have plenty of water,which by the way, is a good idea. The camel back didn't bounce like you'd think it would, you just have to make sure it's tight enough to your back. It's the same way with backpacking-tight to your back. Anyway, the only run-in with a dog was about 1/2 mile away from our destination. The others were waiting for me, because, ya know, I'm slow but steady. They were on the other side of the road and were jogging in place. One gal was trying to shew the dog away, but went to the group once they saw me coming. "Just yell at it" they said. Oh I was prepared, I made sure my mouth wasn't dry. I yelled at it telling it to go to its kennel. The dog kept barking at us but started walking away. Ya just gotta know how to handle a dog I guess. This dog was probably trained to not leave the yard, so I really wasn't worried at all. It was the funniest part of our run.
All in all, it was a great run. I loved it and I'm no longer sore. I can't wait to run the Susan G. Komen race on Saturday!!!!! Wahooo! a simple little 5K in S.L.C. No biggie.

1 comment:

Julie w said...

Way to go Carla! That's awesome!! I'm taking it that you figured out what works best for your knees. Great job! Good luck on your upcoming races!!