4/30/2010

I'm baaaccck! (almost)

So, for most of the winter, I couldn't go running. I was terrified that I wouldn't get back to the best pace I've ever had, 11:30. Well, last night my friend Lisa and I went for a five miler. 11:36. YES!!!! It was fantastic and energizing. We chatted (mostly her, you all know my trick) and ran. I'd speed up (as much as I could,) and slow down trying to keep it moving. When we started out, it looked like snow was comin' down, but we ended up with a very dry run! :) Can I just tell you how awesome I felt after this run? I felt terrific. I don't think I was ready to go to sleep. I felt ready for a new day to come. But, I came home, drank 5 cups of water and went to bed. I feel great this morning. Wonderful. I can't wait for Saturday morning. We are going to run a 6 mile course (mostly flat). I want to. I can't wait for it. I hope I can sleep tonight, I'll need it.
We are training for a few relay races that are coming up, so it's great to be running with someone that is doing the same. I'm not sure if I'll let Lisa do the 7 miler on the first relay race we have in May, we may have to flip a coin. I know I want that leg though. I may have to find a double sided coin in my favor;)

********************
I want to acknowledge my husband for a moment. Without him, I don't think I'd be back to my running pace. He has for the last month, gone running with me almost every morning and he didn't really complain. For those who know my hubby, know how much he hates mornings. He loathes them. We didn't go for our 2 mile run this morning because he would not get out of bed. I was up and gettin' ready, but he just laid there. Oh well. I'm not complaining. He did a lot of getting up early this month, he needs a break. I'm so grateful for him and his help. Thank you so much hon, I love you!
Thank you to all who have been supporting me, helping me, cheering me on, and teaching me. I totally feel better than ever and I'm ready for these runs and races. THANKS!!!!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I will arm wrestle you for that leg! JK! You know I am happy to run whatever. Actually, that would be a HUGE accomplishment to add to your resume if you do it-so go for it. Besides, you gave me the run from HELL with RAGNAR, I would hate to switch you again :)

Julie w said...

Way to go Carla! Awesome! Glad to hear that you're running again!

Kenzie said...

that is great!!! Carla, so you run 5 miles in 11 and 1/2 min???