1/05/2010

Our Christmas

It's never too late for Christmas!
Our Christmas season was a wonderful one. We celebrated with wonderful family members and friends. On Christmas Eve, we visited with Stephen's side of the family in Morgan. It was great. We had our traditional clam chowder and chili and a new soup- Hot dog soup. His aunt made it and it tasted yummy! This year for the gift exchange, only the great-grand kids who were there exchanged gifts. The rest of the adults donated the money they would've spent to cousin Baylen's charitable account. He is the one going through the medulla-blastoma treatments. What a great way to give back to our Lord (after all he has given and done for us) by donating to them so they can make it through this. The road to recovery is very long, but we believe that Baylen will make it. He is, by the way, done with radiation treatments and will start chemo soon. And he's doing very well for a 3 year old (soon to be 4.)



On Christmas day, we spent the morning opening presents from each other. The kids all loved what they received and loved to give gifts even more! We visited with our only-ever landlady for breakfast, then went to Stephen's parents for a late lunch. We then went to my parents for an even later dinner and pies.

We were late to almost everything we did, but, I was okay with it. Usually, I'm running around, not happy, screaming at everyone to get going. It is very, very, unpleasant. This year, I did a better job of trying to relax. I knew we'd be late to everything, therefore, I didn't have to worry about what my mom thought or my mother-in-law thought. We showed up when we could. And do you know what? everything worked out just fine. Nobody died because we were late. Nobody was crying, screaming, or unhappy. It just was a great and wonderful day. Like it is supposed to be.

I'm happy to say I finally got all 7 Harry Potter books, a yoga mat (from girl #1,) new pants and Pride and Prejudice the movie! Yay! I love this movie. It's my Favorite! It fills me with happy thoughts warm fuzzies, and what I loved more, was my husband FINALLY watched it with me. He laughed at the right times and was quiet when he needed to be. I do believe he enjoyed watching it with me and now understands a little bit more why I love to read the book. Happy feelings all the way around! Stephen was happy with what he got, a laptop, socks, legos, shoes, blah, blah, blah. The kids received what they wanted: Girl #1 a new bike, Girl #2 Art items, lots of them! Boy #1 a guitar (which hubby wants to teach him,) and Boy #2 Thomas sheets and blankets for a new bed, among other things for each of them.


We hope all you had a great Christmas, whether it was with extended family or just your own little one. We are thankful for wonderful family and friends to be around during the Christmas season and love that we can be involved with your lives. Thank You!

No comments: