1/14/2010

Happy Birthday!

Today is girl #1's birthday. She has turned 12. My goodness but how fast time flies. I didn't have the awesome opportunity to stay home with her when she was born, and so I missed wonderful, yet simple things. I missed her first steps, crawling, words, teething (although, many might say that was a good thing), laughing, clapping, etc.
My mother-in-law saw her firsts for the 1st 6 months of girl #1's life. Then Stephen's sister (M) saw them for the next 6 months. She is the one who helped her learn to crawl. I was sad that I missed it. For the next 2 1/2 years Stephen's other sister (A) saw all girls #1's firsts. Sister A has a boy who is 1 month older than girl #1. They were like twins. Sister A deserves the biggest of all gold stars. These two children gave Sis A a workout. She earned her money. She also earned Girl #1's love. I'm thankful to these three women who've helped me with her and I'm glad they were there for us.
Girl #1 is now older, she loves to run, play soccer, be around animals, and play the piano. She has 3 siblings that I know she adores (98% of the time,) us-her parents, her grand-parents (which she has a special relationship with each one,) and she still has most of her great-grandparents whom she loves to be around.
She loves to hang out with her friends and cousin's, her siblings, sometimes her mom-if I'm not wearing my p.j.'s or my workout clothes, and loves to spend time with her Dad. She will babysit and do other housework to earn money. She has been learning about saving and spending it. She actually does very well with it.
We are ever-so grateful to the Lord for blessing our home with her personality, zest for life, love, and utter happiness that she brings to us. She is an amazing girl who works hard in life, school, sports, and to have good-uplifting-helpful friends. We love her!

Have you ever seen an outfit like this before? The jean jacket, skirt with leggings, bow in wavy hair, chuck taylors? Not on me, but maybe yourself several years back? Yeah, I know. It's coming back and hopefully will leave soon. But, doesn't she look so cute?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh I totally said to Jared after she babysat the last time, "I totally had an outfit just like that when I was 7. I thought I was soooo cool."
Haha. Funny how trends come back around eh?