12/22/2009

I am so excited for Christmas!

I can't wait to see how my children react to what "Santa" brought them. I love to see their faces and the surprise and just the happy feeling they have on Christmas morning. It isn't only because they got something they liked or wanted, there is just something else about Christmas morning. They are full of pure joy, they want to share what they received with us as parents, they love to see what the others received, they are just as happy for everyone else as they are for themselves. Why can't they feel like that everyday? I wonder, how does a family live their lives, so that it feels like Christmas morning every morning? Any suggestions? I think I know a few, like read scriptures consistently with them, pray with and teach them how to pray, watch good wholesome, uplifting movies with them, read wonderful books with them. I think these things will help, but there has got to be more to it? right? Maybe showing service to others by example and teach them compassion for others will also help. That is a lot! to teach. I guess as parents we can only go day by day and do our best to teach the children these things.

Merry Christmas and have a fabulous New Year!

(and by the way, these are last years pics)






No comments: