1/05/2010

Our unexpected Christmas eve present.

Our dryer decided to blow it's heating element. I decided to wait until Stephen had some time to ask him to fix it. After it taking half a day to run a small load of washed clothes through the dryer to speed along the air drying process, I asked him to fix it. That was Christmas Eve. It was the only day he had. I knew I'd need my dryer because the kids always get new clothes from different people and I don't like them to be worn unless they have been washed first. (That is an issue I'll write about some other time.) I figured for 4 loads of wash it would take me a week to dry them.
My husband came to rescue. He got up instead of sleeping in on Christmas eve, didn't even shower, pulled the heating element out of the dryer (getting shocked in the process-he didn't enjoy that,) drove to Kiesel sales and services, bought the new part, then came right home put it in and he fixed my dryer. My hero! big loving sigh!

I however haven't mentioned that I kinda giggled when he got shocked. I felt so bad for doing it, but that was how I handled the stress of him getting hurt, some people giggle. In this picture, you can see where the coil seperated itself.

So, now thanks to my hero, I didn't need to buy a new dryer. All it needed was a $50 part and things were good. That is a big savings $50 compared to $400. right?

I love him and am grateful for his handymanship. He is great and wonderful! Muah, Love you Hon!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

He is rather fab! I'm glad he was able to fix it!!!!