9/22/2009

Two-Bit Street Cafe'

This is a nice little place. It's address is 126 1/2 25Th Street. Just a little East from Wall Ave. Stephen and I went to eat there on Friday. It was fabulous. I loved the way it is decorated, with old fashioned items and pictures and other things. It is really a down to earth place. Stephen has been there before with his previous work for a "Pizza Friday" and he really enjoyed it. So, he has been trying to take me places that he's gone for lunch with other people so I can say "Yay or Nay." We hadn't planned on going, but needed to run a quick errand out that way, and we needed to eat. The food is absolutely delicious. I had ordered a Turkey and Cranberry sandwich with kettle chips and water. It was wonderful. The bread had cranberries in it and there was this sauce-I think it was some sort of cheese-that was just to die for. Oh My! I want to go back just for this sandwich. Stephen ordered a Philly Swiss. Something that he is always wanting. I know he enjoyed his food. We even had dessert! Beer Bread and a few scoops of Rocky Road ice cream. Oh, you'll love the bread, it is good!
So while we were eating our great food, a waitress got out her guitar and started to sing. Her voice warmed up after about 2 songs and she really got comfortable and let it loose. She has a great voice. Kadee Kotter is her name. She really entertained us. She spoke with us and asked questions. She did a very good job. It has got to be hard to get up in front of people and sing and play an instrument, something she did very well. So, if you're ever looking for a place to go eat, whether it be lunch or dinner-they probably do breakfast too, try The Two-Bit Street Cafe' at 126 1/2 on 25Th Street. Just a few doors East of Wall Ave. I believe you'll enjoy it. Make the best of everything!

1 comment:

Lori said...

oh it makes me miss ogden. yes yes it does. i think i might have to try that quaint place when i come back in december.