9/30/2009

I think my friend likes to make me hurt a little bit.

My friend Amanda has been training me. She is the captain of our team for the Wasatch Back. She told me at the beginning of the summer that I don't get the winter off. She has been working me at a high school track doing speed training and also some weight training. Let me remind you, I did ask for her help.
A few weeks ago we sprinted 100 meters, jogged 100m, sprint again, jog again for two laps. That was fine I didn't hurt so bad. The next day was a good run of 3 miles. Again not so bad, it went like this for a time. Once we had to run a miracle mile, I've already written about it earlier.
I swear she is getting these ideas for workouts from a semi-crazy (but love what she's doing) runner friend from Atlanta. I think they are ganging up on me;}
That is when I decided that I really have to commit to it. Remember, I asked for this. Last week, Thursday to be exact, we did some weight training at the track after doing a mile jog. I hurt until Monday morning. I didn't think I could pick up my son. Oh. My. And she had us do more stuff the following day plus a 3-4 miler on Saturday.
You know, she isn't a morning person. She hates getting up as early as we do.
I really appreciate her efforts in helping me, but I get the feeling that sometimes she gets a little pleasure out of seeing me want to stop. She is really a great friend who is always telling me to keep going, I'm doing great. This week we did a speed training on running a mile. I think I did okay on my times. 2 laps 5 min. 30 sec. 1 lap 2 min. 23 sec. 1/2 lap 1 min. 4 sec. By the way, I beat the goals she gave when running this.
Then I had to run a mile as fast as I could. I did it in 11 min. flat. I felt great! It was 11 minutes! I think my normal mile is 14 minutes. I was so happy. Remember, I asked her for it, and I'm happy I did. She doesn't like to see me in pain. I know that. I just give her a hard time.
Up next, Thanksgiving Morning 5 mile race. I'm getting ready for it.
Oh yeah, don't forget running up snowbasin with my sister. OUCH that's gonna hurt.

2 comments:

Erin said...

glad to here you love it! (even if thats not what you think you're feeling you are...your hooked!)

Lori said...

tee hee. speed training.