9/15/2009

Run, run as fast as you can...

Man I wish I could say that! I had a 5k to run last Saturday in Sugarhouse. It was in honor of the American Heart Association. I ran with two of my sister-in-laws. They are fast. One finished in 33 min. the other I think 35. Me not so good. I'm a little disappointed with my time. With every race I've done this year, I have gotten faster. This race 38:45. My only excuse is that this race course had two hills you had to run twice. Not a very good excuse, but I will get better. By the way, the s.i.l. that finished in 33 min.-she ran the last 100 meters with me, while yelling at me the whole time, "Carla run faster, move your feet. Come on!" I replied "Shut Up!" but I did sprint the last 100 meters. She is a junior running Nazi, but one I'm greatful for.
In honor of that, my friend, Amanda, who I'll not call a running Nazi just yet-but almost, is going to help me with speed/strength training and hills. I'm greatful for Amanda. She is now just the go getter. She came home from visiting her bff in Atlanta and is now just like her. She doesn't like mornings, but you almost wouldn't know it. That's right. 5:30 a.m. speed runs and strength training. Three times a week. Plus a long run on Saturdays before soccer games. I'm just glad I'm not alone in doing this. Amanda has brought a friend to train also. Melanie, you need to come with me so I can make it. Aaah!
Just kidding, it's not bad and I told Amanda, I need this. I want it. I will work for it. Don't let me stop and be a baby. If I puke, then I puke. I need to get my body into shape. I'm guessing it's going to go a lot faster now that there is a schedule. I am excited for this. I do really want it and I'm not going to let myself stop me from doing it. I need to push myself further to be faster.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You are totally rocking these morning workouts! I'm so proud of you! And maybe I should make it my new goal to create the perfect puke-inducing workout... ;)

Lori said...

wahoooo. three cheers for puking!!!!

i'm so glad you are doing this with manda! :) get excited. i told her there are even more workouts up my sleeve. wuahahahahahaha.