12/09/2010

Kinda torn?

I was just released from my calling as primary chorister. I'm kinda torn about it because I half wanted out and half wanted to stay. I had a really hard time with this calling and I'm not sure if I did it justice. I really did try, but somehow I never felt I was doing any good. I never asked to be released, which means the Lord knew how I was feeling. The calling I was given-because you are never without one it seems-is second counselor in the young women program. I'm so excited yet so afraid. The usual self-doubting questions, am I good enough? spirtual enough? patient enough? Will I screw the girls up some how? I really hope not, yet these girls seem to already have such a testimony it's awesome! Stephen says I'll be great, so does Girl #1. She is absolutely excited to have her mama be in the presidency. She's an amazing girl that one, I love her so much.
I used to be in the young women's presidency once before, in the exact same calling. The beehives I had then are now laurels. Which is insane and I hope they are doing what I've taught them. So far it's only been 5 days and so far, I'm doing okay!

No comments: