10/17/2010

Haunted Dinosaur Park

On Friday night, we took the kiddo's to the Haunted Dinosaur Park. It was so much fun! The kids had a blast getting their costumes ready the entire day and they looked fabulous in them. We got to the park, waited in line for a bit, then off to view it at night. It was totally cool, and sometimes even scary if there were spiders. There were about 16 local companies who donated treats for the kids to trick-or-treat in different areas of the park. It was pretty amazing how it all worked out and looked great. There was a costume contest and I'm pretty sure the girls could have won if there weren't any younger, handsome firefighters in the line-up. (Yep, a cute little curly, blond-haired firefighter. He got our votes!) It was a fabulous time for our family. We have been wanting to do something together with just us. I loved it. We took pics of everything we could, some videos. All in all, it was a fabulous night ending with scones and hot chocolate later. I really love Halloween, the next best holiday there is next to Christmas!
I was truly surprised at how cute they all were, I mean that in the I-had-to-make-some-part-of-every-costume-way. (except for boy #2)
Girl #1 was Alice from Alice in Wonderland wearing the dress the Queen of Heart/Red Queen had made. I made this dress using an older costume as my base. I made 4 different tutu's-2 long and 2 short- with black tulle and red tulle. I found some white shear with black roses on it. Some rope for a belt. It worked out really well. It took me all day on Friday, but I believe it was all worth it.
Girl #2 wanted to be the White Queen from Alice in Wonderland. I was able to find a Heavenly Angel dress at a spook store and used the lace from the halo to make the choker. I purchased a cheap pearl necklace, cut 2 pieces and hot glued them to the lace and added some velcro. Some black eyebrows and super dark red lipstick and nail polish and some powder in her hair and she was almost ready. Stephen made the crown for her and they both hot glued some gems to it. It was amazing, I'm so glad I have him for a hubby!
Boy #1 wanted to be a ninja! Easy enough. Borrowed the basic stuff from a friend, wrapped black fabric to make it tight on his calves and made a belt for it. We used a head sock for helmets as his face covering. He looked so cool! Don't want to mess with this guy!
Boy #2 wanted to be a pumpkin. His was the easiest costume of all. I found it at the D.I. for $4. Easy peasy, nice and squeezy. I loved it. Put on a black turtleneck and some jeans and he was ready to go! Now they are ready for all sorts of parties and everything. And Halloween is still 2 weeks away! Oh life is good.

No comments: