3/25/2010

1 Year ago, Monday.

One year ago Monday we had a clogged toilet. It was Sunday, we weren't sure what we were going to do. Stephen took the toilet off the floor and we found someone-boy #1- had flushed about half a box of diaper wipes down the toilet. I don't think it was all a once, but they just kinda caught and it built up. Well, we decided that since our toilet was off and we'd have to go to Home Depot to get a new sealant ring for the toilet, we also decided to take the old, yucky, the-"gray"water-seeped-underneath, linoleum off the cement floor. We had to remove all the floor boards and the moulding around the door. We did it that very night. We didn't go to the store, don't you all worry, we didn't really do any work at all. Stephen did patch up some holes, one of which Jake made. Apparently, if you're a puppy that's potty training, you don't like be locked in the bathroom that much. You get very bored.
Fast forward to the following Friday night and Saturday morning. Stephen didn't attend any of the soccer games in the a.m. because he had put the new linoleum, that our good friends had given us, the night before. He then put the new sealant ring on and was able to get the toilet on before we celebrated girl #2's birthday with her friends. BTW, only one-ONE, friend showed up. Oh well, she and her mom got to go roller skating with us. It was a blast!
Fast Forward to Saturday the 20Th, 2010.
Stephen put the moulding around the door, put the floor boards up, had already finished any mudding that needed to be done, and he and girl #1 put the first coat of paint on. I was delirious with joy! It was getting done! Finally! I finished painting the walls on Monday, pulled off the tape and I painted all the moulding and floor boards Tuesday a.m and p.m. I also decided that the ceiling needed new paint, so we taped it some paper so I wouldn't get the new walls with white and I went at the ceiling that night. I decided it needed another coat of paint, so Wednesday morning, I painted it again.
On Tuesday while the floor boards were drying in between paint jobs, I took a re-finisher liquid, applied it to super fine (0000) steel wool, and refinished the wooden cabinet. It looks wonderful. It still shows the scratches and dents, but hey, at least they are all the same shade. (That was my favorite part.) Wednesday night we pulled off all the tape and paper from the walls and floor. I looks wonderful. I love it. I could just sit in there for a long time. It feels nice to have it finally-F.I.N.A.L.L.Y.-finished. After one year.And a couple of days.
Next step- store a ton of our stuff somewhere by the end of next week, so I can start ripping out the carpet! I'm so gonna love it. Really, I am.
These pictures don't do it justice, you should come visit!

No comments: