12/18/2009

Our cute Christmas Tree

Yay! Monday, Stephen took the 3 older kids to the tree lot and picked up a Christmas tree. I wanted one that was small and would fit on a folding table or one that was as tall as the ceiling. I didn't get what I wanted. Instead, Stephen brought home a tree too tall for the table but not to the ceiling. Hm. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go out next year. So, I spent the next day putting lights on the tree until the kids came home from school and then they put the decorations on it. Well, that is the usual thing to do. Monday, I didn't feel so good. I got the lights on the tree, but that was after the kids came home from school, just before dinner. So now it is done and has been for a few days. Boy #2, he likes the decorations. I watched him today as he spent some time going from one side of the tree to the other touching every ornament in his reach. He was very careful, but it was just funny to watch. Now. Yesterday, I was on the phone with my friend and I looked at our tree. Something was wrong. Something wasn't right. About 50 lights on a strand of 150 went out. They aren't lit. Nothing. I'm a little not happy, but I'm not about to undo the top just for those 50 lights. UGH!!! Oh well, we'll have a great Christmas without those 50 lights glowing.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yay for Christmas! Your tree looks darling!