2/12/2011

Stephen's Car

Stephen's car died on Tuesday, February 8th after receiving a new muffler.
Just kidding, it really did die on him and his sister Sue while driving to work Tuesday morning, and Monday he got a new muffler on it, but that wasn't what killed the engine. The culprit was the air conditioner compressor. The same thing that happened to the Durango at the beginning of our Bear Lake trip last summer. Stupid, spit spit, dumb, air conditioner compressor.
I have been dropping him off at his parent's house to hitch a ride with his sister Sue. She's a great person and was willing to drive this entire week to work while Stephen's car has been at the auto shop. It's now Saturday and they still aren't finished with it. The shop closes in an hour and I haven't gotten a call yet to pick it up. UGH!!!! I think its time to look for a more reliable vehicle for my hubby, lets say a 2010 Chevy Camaro that is Lime Green with Thick Black Racing Stripes. Yeah, I saw it on Wall Ave. after he pointed it out. My thoughts were "You won't be able to get away with speeding, running red lights, or failure for stopping at stop signs ever again!"
We'll see, maybe he'll end up with some other granny type vehicle. Ya know, one that will fit all 6 of us instead of 4. Although, as long as it's reliable, I may not care after trying for 2 hours to get his car to run on Tuesday night. It was cold, I stayed in the Durango while Stephen fiddled with the vehicle. Yep, I think any kind of car that is reliable and gets better gas mileage than the current one would be better than what we have.

No comments: