2/14/2011

Our Valentine's weekend

*Warning: Be prepared to read for a bit*
Valentines Day is a Monday. That means the kids are in school and Stephen has to work. So the last couple days have been our Valentine's weekend. Saturday, the girls got to have a, or go to a, sleepover. They all had fun and enjoyed their time with their friends. I had an early morning meeting-it was at 9 which is early for a Saturday! So Stephen made breakfast for the boys and girls and played referee. When I got back he and his sister went hiking and I waited for Brake-Time Bobs to call about the car, I wrote about that earlier. We finally got the car back and Bob said the engine's real good, he was impressed with it and knows we plan on keeping that car for a long time. (That car will be the one that Becks gets to drive in about 3 years.) Later, much later, that night, Stephen took me to Outback steakhouse for dinner. Problem for me was, it was too late. Eating at 9 p.m. and my lovely stomach acid issues don't combine. I brought home my delicious sandwich and Stephen enjoyed his rack of lamb. We had fun either way, I got to talk with him while he ate-guess who did most of the talking. We came home and helped Becks get the kids to bed.
Let's move on to Sunday.
My wonderful friends were blessing their cute son yesterday. We were invited to a brunch and then to their sacrament meeting. They were just sealed on Saturday to the cute little guy, making their family a family of four. They are amazing people, so filled with the spirit and so excited for life that you can't help but want to be their friends and friends with their friends. Anyway, after we visited with them and others we went home. Stephen and his sister sue planned on hiking again. He begged me to come with them all-cuz the kids weren't going to pass this up again. He said "It would mean the world to me" if I went with them. How can a wife say no, I hate hiking, after that card has been pulled? I went with them and actually kinda enjoyed it. We hiked up to the "BL", then to some silver square thing (which I thought was our destination-Wrong!), and then a little bit further up. I did okay. I filled my hiking quota, anything else will have to involve money I think. On the way up, M.C. found the cactus, with his knee and finger tips. Thanks to aunt Susie, the prickly hairs didn't stay long in his fingers and thanks to his pants they didn't stick to his knee. The next thing M.C. said was- he didn't want to see anymore cactus. While continuing our hike, M.C. said- Cactus are mean! It was pretty funny, poor kid. We made it up the rest of the way without any further contact with Cactus or falling down in the dirt. The way down was great, Stephen found a herd of deer, we got pics of it and other things that I will post differently. I know why it's faster to come down a mountain hike, but I still think going up to be easier for some reason. I didn't complain too much about the hike this time, so most likely I'll go on another one.
We ate dinner with Stephen's parents and sister. We played Zombie dice and worked on a puzzle of New York City. We came home and eventually went to bed.
This morning, the girls got up and made themselves pretty for school since it was Valentines day and all that. Dimples wore a shirt and tie to school because they are having a dance with all the 1st graders. (I'm so excited to see this!) It's kinda just a regular day for me, nothing special til later when the hubby gets home.

No comments: