6/19/2009

My Husband

What a great guy! Last night we went on a date. It was terrific. I thought we were just going to dinner but, first we went to Fort Buenaventura. I had no clue what we were going to do there. He starts walking towards the pond/lake, he pays our fee (which, btw, is only $1 per person and $3 for canoe rental,) walks to the shed with the oars and life preservers. At first I didn't know what he was thinking. I haven't been on any kind of a boat for really long time. So, I was very scared. I get into the canoe with my oar, and we start going around. Everytime the boat was rocked by any little movement, I was scared and kinda froze in my seat. By the time our thirty minutes were up I did enjoy it. We just paddled around and talked and watched the fish mate. Very romantic. Seriously though I did have fun. We plan on taking the kids. The water isn't very deep, so no worries.
After our little canoeing event, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Can I just say this is one of my very favorite places to eat now. I loved the food. Their rolls are freshly made and the honey/cinnamon butter is delicous. Stephen had their prime rib, they offer raw horseradish and regular. He loved both. Everything there was great. We even ate the small onion blossom. Terrific! I love food. I truly enjoyed this eating experience.
By this time we only had a little time left to actually finish the errands that we needed to finish before we could go to bed. We are going camping this weekend and needed some food and to finish off gifts for Father's Day. Lots of fun! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Yay! How fun! Surprises are so fun. I LOVE Texas Roadhouse rolls, too...they are to die for. Thanks a lot; it's midnight and now I'm craving them. :)